Friday, April 16, 2010

2010 S.A.R.C. Shamrock 15K

After having an absolutely HORRIBLE run at Last Chance, I knew I wasn't going to be able to run a 50K the following week at the Green Jewel. So I decided to instead crew for the other Medina runners taking part, and giving Chuck my number so he could run instead. I had a great time being Mr. Manager for the runners, keeping track of everyone's order and pace, what they needed, and taking LOTS of photos, which are posted here. But, spending a beautiful day driving around watching runners left me with a longing to run. Fortunately, there was a race the following day: The Shamrock 15K put on by the Summit Athletic Running Club.

This race is 9.3 miles of down, flat, and up. Lots of hills as it begins and ends at Woodridge High School in Cuyahoga Falls. The course took us down into the Cuyahoga Valley and back up, running the sometimes nearly vertical hills on Steels Corners! The weather was once again amazing, with lots of sun. Definitely shorts weather! I started off strong, and feeling good, stayed strong. I didn't know how my feet and ankle were going to treat me with all the downhill impact, but they let me run. I finished in 1:07:11, averaging 7:13 per mile. This was a HUGE PR over my one previous attempt at the distance from 2006.

Next up: Fools 50K? (If I can squeeze it in)

No comments: