Friday, October 17, 2008

Two Days and Counting

OK, I broke down and ran last night. Just a short 2.8 miles around the neighborhood in 21:38. Not too hard. Not too slow. I did feel just a little tight with just one day of rest from Tuesday. Aside from getting out and burning off some calories, I wanted to get out in the cold. We are cold again in Medina. It's been nice the last two weeks, but a front came through and it was a little chilly. Which is GREAT for running. Temps last night should be close to what they'll be on Sunday and I wanted to get out there and try to acclimate a bit. I'm good in the cold. I'm good in the heat. It's the transitioning between the two that messes me up sometimes. Breathing was good last night, so I'm pleased.

On another note, Columbus doesn't offer the same text message/e-mail race updates that Akron did. But they do offer online tracking. If you go here, http://www.mtectracking.com:8080/Mtrack/Mtrack?raceid=3, you might be able to follow my progress. My number is 877. You get the nice low numbers when you register as far in advance as I did. If the link doesn't work, don't sweat it too much. I'll at least post a short report Sunday.

Mr. P

P.S. I just followed the link and it does work. However, when you search for number 877, two names come up, me and some chick. I'm the dude. I wonder what that's all about...

No comments: