Friday, October 10, 2008

A Quick Training Update

Yes, I was back to "quick" 800's this week. After a mile warm-up we clocked splits of:
3:14 / 3:13 / 3:11 / 3:08 / 3:11 / and 3:07. Why not save the quickest for last? It was good running them with someone after what happened last week. (See the Miserable and Lonely post.) It also helped to have some fabulous weather. Dry, clear, with just a touch of breeze. But really, the main thing is the company. Dan was there, but that's it. I'm not sure where everyone else has gotton off to, but oh well. It's much easier to maintain your pace with someone else to gauge off of. I know he's able to average faster splits than I can, but he held back so we could stick together. All told, just 5 miles Tuesday night. But with less than two weeks till the marathon, that's plenty.

I managed to squeeze in a short 3.5 miles last night. The weather was still beautiful so I didn't want to waste it. I just ran around the neighborhood in 26:33, about 7:30's I believe. I shouldn't have pushed as hard as I was. Now for a couple off days and my last long run on Sunday.

I have a correction to my last post to make. I was under the impression that the Towpath Marathon was last weekend. It wasn't. It's this weekend. I somehow, again, got the wrong date down on my calender. I'm going to have to be more diligent about getting these dates right next year. Good luck to everyone running either the full, half, or 10K! Looks like it's going to be getting a little warm.

Mr. P

No comments: