Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Snow

That's right. It's October 29 and we're getting our first snow here in Medina. Of course it's not sticking to anything yet, but still, it's the thought that counts. Everyone keeps predicting a hard winter this year. I say whatever. I have a short drive to work and we don't "need" to go anywhere out of town. I don't mind shovelling the snow, it's a decent workout. Obviously, I would prefer a more mild winter so I can run outside more. A cold and snowy winter will force me to purchase a new treadmill and run while looking at a cinder block wall. It's supposed to warm up for Halloween though, so this is only temporary.

As for running, I logged 7 miles on Friday afternoon. Mrs. P was out of town and I get out of work early on Fridays so I got an hour in before my son got out of school. Then I was cut off for the rest of the weekend. The run went well, though a little chilly. It was a little blustery Friday.

Last night I went to the track but found a soccer match getting ready. I drove down to the high school but they were playing flag football there. So I headed back to the middle school where I saw some people running on the sidewalk. They could have been with the club but I couldn't find them when I set out after them. So I headed home and did a nearly 3 mile loop. Almost 4 miles in last night. It was windy and chilly, but nice too. Maybe it was the darkness giving the evening a little bit of character. The gloom certainly made me feel like I was running a bit faster than normal, when in fact I wasn't.

The Inland Trail marathon, half marathon, and 5K are this Sunday in Elyria. I know some people in each event and wish them luck. I believe the New York City Marathon is also running on Sunday. I don't know anyone participating in that one, but wish everyone luck anyway. We more than likely will head out there to do the 5K. I feel rested, but my right foot feels a little worn still from Columbus. I think I'll keep the distances low for the time being. There's a half marathon the Sunday before Thanksgiving I'm keeping my eye on to finish out the season. I think I'll save what distance I still have left for that one.

Mr. P

2 comments:

Clifford Running said...

Dan
I was there Tuesday . . where were you? ha ha Dan H Brittany & I ran down to Reagan Park and around, 4.5miles. See you Sunday.
Marsha

Dan Horvath said...

Yeah, we missed ya. I'll look for you on Sunday.