Friday, October 29, 2010

CVNP Fall Color Run 2

Last Sunday I had the chance to run another marathon. This time it would have been a hard effort just to see where I'm at and to finish 2010 with one last go at it. After some deliberation I decided to skip heading to Elyria to run the Inland Trail Marathon and instead head to the Cuyahoga Valley to run some Buckeye Trail and enjoy what was left of the fall foliage.

As you'll see, there was still plenty of color left on the trees. I was so happy with my decision too. The weather was unseasonably warm with full sun. It was unquestionably a perfect late fall day here in northeast Ohio and one I will remember for many years to come.

I was fortunate to realize just how nice a day it was while I was running which allowed me to enjoy the warm breezes, the sounds of the leaves rustling and of the acorns dropping to the ground, the smell of decaying leaves already on the ground, and the sight of leaves softly landing in slowly meandering creeks and lazily floating away even more.

My 18.6 mile run took me from the Boston Store north along the Buckeye Trail to Jaite, where I turned around and returned. After refueling I headed south on the Buckeye up Pine Lane and down into Peninsula, where I returned along the Towpath. I preferred being up on the BT but I was ready to finish so I put up with the "bicycle freeway" that is the Towpath. Enjoy the photos!






































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Dan!!! Your description is very well done. Love, Texas

Dan Horvath said...

Great photos as always Dan.