Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lunch Swimming

I'm just back from another visit to the pool during my lunch hour, and I must say how much I enjoy escaping this prison called work to do something enjoyable for a little bit. I can squeeze in half a mile during my lunch and have been trying to do so on a semi-regular basis. There are two things I find amazing about my short swims:

1. My splits are getting faster! My time today was 21:15 for 800 meters! No negative split today though, with the first 400m in 10:16 and the second 400m in 10:47. But those are faster splits than I had when I started going.

2. I can literally forget about work problems, life issues, aches and pains, etc... When I'm in the water there's NO room for miscellaneous thoughts in my head. Every brain cell is concentrating on NOT DROWNING! Quite the opposite from running, where my thoughts touch on hundreds, if not thousands of topics. It's very refreshing.

No comments: