Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We Three Dans, The Triumvirate of Dans, Three Dan Night...

Whatever you want to call it, Dan H., Dan B., and myself hit the track Tuesday night for some speed work. It was dark, as seen by the photo below, where you can also make out some Christmas lights toward the right. What you can't see, and I wasn't able to get a good photo of, was the HUGE full moon in the cloudless sky. It really helped around the backside of the track where the light from the stands fails to reach.


We had a decent workout. After a nearly two mile warm-up we decided on alternating 400 and 800 meter repeats X three sets. With a mildly gusting breeze out of the south, it was a darn near as perfect a December night as we could hope for. Splits were: 1:36 / 3:13 / 1:34 / 3:02 / 1:24 / 3:09. I think I really could have busted out a nice final 800 except I had a tight hamstring and I didn't want to injure anything. Not with what I have planned for 4 weeks from today. Details to follow...

No comments: