Friday, July 17, 2009

That Snuck up Pretty Fast

I'm referring to the Columbus International Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday. And guess what, Steelhead is only two weeks away! Where has this year gone? Weather is calling for 50's Sunday morning with scattered showers. Columbus won't be much warmer. That's great! Just a little chilly in the morning and not too hot during the run.

This will be an interesting race. The swim is in a small body of water. I'm hoping the temperature of Antrim Lake is below wetsuit cut-off. I'm confident I can complete the 1500 meter swim without the help of the suit, but it sure does help with the confidence. I'm like a different person in the water wearing that thing. CAPTAIN ORCA!!! The bike is the absolute best bike course I've ever ridden. No joke. We do laps from the park north to Rt. 161. Then down Rt. 315, which is a highway! South to Henderson Rd. where we exit and turn back north on Olentangy River Road. For the Olympic distance we'll be doing 5 laps of 5.1 miles. Eating on the bike is obligatory at this distance for me. Otherwise I'll start to cramp pretty bad during the run. And the run on this course is awesome! I don't want to do anything to mess that up.

I will try to take as many photos of the course as possible, but because Mrs. P will be competing in the sprint duathlon that morning, there won't be many pictures of us racing.

Best of luck to all those competing in the Buckeye Trail 50K this weekend. That means you Patrick!

No comments: