Friday, July 24, 2009

A Quick Recap of the Week

Somewhat busy this week. Both at work and in training. I'm slammed at work trying to have parts done for 18 prototypes before I go on vacation in two weeks. I'm tapering, but still training hard, as I approach Steelhead next weekend.

At Tuesday's speed work we did 3 X 5:00 with about a three minute recovery. Then it was 1 X 4:00 / 3:00 / 2:00 / and 1:00. With warm-up and cool-down, a total of 8 miles.

Wednesday I hit the pool for 3/4 of a mile. I had only a limited amount of time, so I tried to do some "speed" intervals in the water. They weren't as successful as the one's I run at the track.

Thursday marked my return to the trails. I joined Connie, Roy, and Bob for a nice tour around the Hinckley Reservation. We were out for a little over two hours, so I'm guessing about 12 miles. Having rained all day, the single track trails were very muddy, and I made a mess of my shoes. Unfortunately the rain stopped before our run. We really could have used it to cut the humidity.

Finally, this afternoon, I hit the pool again for a long swim. I went for 1.5 miles in 1:08. My half mile splits were: 23:28 / 22:15 / and 22:12. I felt great during the swim, finding my rhythm quickly and holding it throughout. My splits really show that too. Each half mile interval was quicker than the one before it. I hope I'm ready for the swim at Steelhead!

Meeting Ladd and Chuck in the morning for a long run of 17 miles. Should be a nice morning for it. Rain is moving in, but not until later in the day. It's time for me to start thinking about marathon training again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're ready as you'll every be Dan. Give God some time, and a chance to do His work, and He'll carry you through. Good work!! Love, Texas