Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2008 East Fork Sprint Duathlon (continued)

I'm back with some numbers for anyone interested. My finish time was 1:27:41, placing me 1st in my age group and 11th overall. My first run was 21:07 at a 6:49/mile pace. That's pretty good considering my slow start followed by the long uphill out of the parking area. But like I said, I felt good going up the hill and that continued for the rest of run 1. My bike split was 41:08 for 20K averaging 18.1 mph. That's still where I need to work the most. My bike split is really slowing me down. I've invested enough into the equipment to prevent me from attempting to upgrade, even though more specialized equipment would certainly help. No, I need to simply ride more. But that's time consuming, so I'm going to settle for increasing my leg strength workouts. Run 2 had a split of 23:21 at a pace of 7:32/mile. I'm happy with that considering that was my run 1 pace last year. Yeah, my running has improved a lot in a year's time. I'm curious to see how much more it can be improved!

I'll be back soon with a re-cap of last nights speed workout. It was another tough one.

Mr. p

No comments: