Friday, April 11, 2008

Big Race Tomorrow

I am on the eve of my first big race of the 2008 season. It will be my first time running the Capital City Half Marathon. I chose to do this race this year because it is early season and it's in Columbus. And if you've read some of my other posts, I love running in Columbus. I went to college there and it holds some very good memories for me.

As for the race itself. There is zero pressure on me for tomorrow. I love it! I haven't gone this long since last fall. I did pull out a 9 miler Tuesday evening though. I felt tired but good, and could have kept going. So as far as expectations for tomorrow go, I just want to run a good race with no injuries. Hopefully the weather will be dry. This week has been beautiful with sun and above average temps but that's supposed to change tonight. There even calling for a chance of snow in the Cleveland area. Running in cold rain sucks. Just plain out sucks. I've done it before and I'll do it again, but I hope it's at least dry tomorrow. I will be sure to let you all know how it went.

Mr. P

No comments: