Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 5th CVNP Trail Run: In Photos

A few posts ago I promised to post photos from my 22 mile trail run on the 5th of July. That was the HOT weekend where I rode 85 miles on Saturday and went for a long trail run on the following Monday. Well, here are the photos!

Breaking in my new Dirty Girl Gaiters. They worked fine!


On my way to Brandywine Falls.


As this is a trail I've only ever run once, and that was with a group, I was thankful for the directions.


This sign, however, gave me some short pause.


Yes, the trail was indeed under repair, but as it had been very dry recently, it wasn't slippery at all.


Water crossing looking one direction...


...and the other.
A very scenic run it turned out to be.


Almost there.


Getting really close.


They're just down the steps.


Brandywine Falls.


This sign, I took seriously. That looks like it would hurt!


Going back through the repair area.


Averill Pond.
Back onto the Towpath. And look! It's not covered with weekend cyclists!


Blue Hen Falls.


Heading downstream to find Buttermilk Falls.


Buttermilk Falls.


It was nice, cool, quiet, and isolated down here.


Buttermilk Falls.



Skinny trail advisory!


Going down?


Looking back up the steps.


Pine Lane.


Cooling my feet in the mighty Cuyahoga River afterward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Messy and muddy country but Neat pictures Dan. Ohio has some of the most scenic country in the United States. Texas