Friday, July 30, 2010

Burning River 100


Many hearty runners will be making they're way from Willoughby Hills to Cuyahoga Falls this weekend in this year's edition of the Burning River 100 Mile Endurance Run. I will not be running. This year... Although I won't be competing myself, I know many of the people who will be, including some whom I just found out about yesterday! I will also be here and there doing what I can to help out this weekend. Start time is 5:00 AM tomorrow morning and finishes 30 hours later on Sunday morning. With a race of this length, many volunteers are needed to help things run smoothly and I hope to do what I can overnight and into the morning. Looks like my first job will be picking up and delivering some power generators this afternoon. I'll need to get the "good" plastic sheeting out so I don't mess up the interior of Mrs. P's CRV!
.
This will be an exciting event as it is also the 2010 USATF 100 Mile Trail National Championships! Anyone wanting to follow the action can go to the Burning River website for the webcast.
.
It looks like the weather will be slightly on the mild side, which will be great for the runners! Thankfully we won't be having a repeat of last weekend's weather! I have my own workout to squeeze in this weekend, as well as a birthday party to attend, so I will be heavy on activity and light on sleep. I should probably start thinking about switching to regular coffee for the next couple days!
.
Good luck Connie, Shannon, Roy, John, Mark, Vince, Bob, Suzanne, Ron, Mike, Wild Bill, Michael, and everyone else I missed!

No comments: