Friday, June 25, 2010

2010 No Frills Just Hills 6 Hour F.A.

Better late than never. Right? Here are some photos from the No Frills Just Hills 6 Hour Fat Ass run on May 30. I didn't run for the full 6 hours. It was just too hot and humid for me. Had we begun running two hours earlier, I may have had a chance. My final Garmin distance was 20.96 miles in 4:04:47 with 10 laps of the course completed.

The view looking out towards the Sound of Music Hills. We would be running down and up these hills on every lap.

Mike K. (my roommate from Freedom Park) and I chatting before the start.

A look down from the start/finish area and up the next hill. That would be Bob P. out front running by himself.


The view from the top of that second hill looking back towards the start/finish area.

The view looking up that second hill from the low spot in between the two.


Out on the course in a wooded section alongside Kendall Lake.


Mike getting ready to go around again as I decided to call it quits.


The heat was just punishing for anyone not acclimated to it. That would be me! There was also a 12 hour event scheduled for the day, but not a single person was up to it!

Laurie C. looking super strong grinding out a long training run for her 50 miler at Mohican. (Which she totally rocked this past weekend!)

Bob (the eventual winner) coming by one more time as I was loading myself into the car for the drive home. And some SERIOUS air conditioning!

No comments: