Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Weekend 2010

I remember going for a group run this time last year. There was snow on the ground and we had to run in the street. Well, we were simply dumped on Friday into Saturday this year and there was no running going on for me. 8 to 10 inches by my estimate, lots of blowing and drifting, few people shovelling their sidewalks, and the roads not being cleared very well, and very cold morning temperatures kept me inside. A packed Rec Center kept me from running period.

Indoor cycling was on tap for the weekend. 20 miles on both Saturday and Sunday. I completed the distance in close to 1:30 each day. Sunday I followed the ride with 40 minutes of strength training to help burn calories before the Superbowl viewing party. It's kind of scary, I'm getting used to riding in the basement!

Good news! I have a plan! A training plan, that is. For Boston! I'm staying with Mr. Higdon and using his Boston Bound Training Program. It has runs scheduled for every day except for Fridays and should allow for some repositioning due to inclement weather this time of year. The new item is scheduled hill training. I will be alternating Tuesdays running repeats on the track and hill repeats. Today I'm supposed to do 4 easy miles with 4 X hills tomorrow. Due to more snow coming in tomorrow, I think I'm going to switch them around, doing my hills tonight in Hinckley, leaving me open to run indoors tomorrow if the weather is bad enough.

No comments: