Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Four Days and Some Hours To Go



It's hard to believe that yet another Columbus Marathon is nearly upon me. It seems like it has come around again so quickly, yet I know there have been many days of hard workouts and long runs in between this year and last. I'm now under five days until race day. I'm tapering. I'm caught up with things at work. I'm bustling with unused energy! I'm trying my best to stick with the taper plans I have on paper. It's hard though. I'd really love to go out and hit some trails, but those are off limits until after race day. I'm tiring of the pavement and would really like to go off road again. I must be satisfied with biding my time.

With some extra time on my hands this week, I've been pouring over the race website, making sure I know exactly what to expect this weekend. I've received my hotel confirmation and I know the hours of the race expo on Saturday. There are a few people heading down from the area, but I don't expect to run into many of them. We already have a list of places we need to stop at while in the Columbus metro area. There's a bakery Mrs. P saw on TV that she wants to stop at. And Jr. P needs to stop at the new LEGO Store as well. All I want is to pick up my number and chip, check into the hotel, and get some Plank's Pizza for dinner. Pepperoni and bratwurst, of course! And a solid night's sleep would be great too.

I'll be able to get some track time in tonight and burn off some excess energy. But I'll need to keep it within reason, just 200's and 400's. This is going to be one of those long weeks. I can tell. Oh well, at least the X-Box is fixed and we can distract ourselves with some Guitar Hero and Rock Band jams at night.

I'll leave you with a photo of Mrs. P and her mom finishing the half marathon last year. The image was one of just a few that have been featured on the race's website for the last year. I'm sure they will be replaced shortly after this weekend, so enjoy! And never mind that it looks like her mom is blind. She's not!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrat's to Mrs. P. and her mother in last years race. Love, Texas