Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacations Are Nice

Vacations are so nice, I wish I could make a living as a professional vacationer. While still training, of course. Ten days in the Happiest Place on Earth. No cell phone. No Internet. No blogging. No social networking. It was actually refreshing to get away from all these modern conveniences. To not "need" to text anyone. To not be in constant contact with the outside world.

Ah, but it's over. We had a long run, but it ended on Tuesday. Now it's back to other long runs! I've got some marathons to train for and their sneaking up on me. I was able to get three runs in at our resort in the heat and humidity of pre-dawn Orlando. 6 miles, 8 miles, and 10 miles. They were tough and hard to get motivated for, but I got up and ran anyway. Plus a half hour swim one morning before anyone else hit the pool.

Here's a photo of us at the Barbados bus stop at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort waiting for the bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom one morning. I struck up a conversation with the cast member there about photography and he offered to take one of us. Look for more trip photos in the future, but for now I have to get back to work.


No comments: