Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2008 Fat Rabbit Racing Sprint Duathlon

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get a new post up. We left on vacation the day after the Fat Rabbit Sprint race so I couldn't post then. I suppose putting off writing has kind of snowballed since then. But I'm here to put a stop to that!

The race went very well. I just now compared my times from this year to those of last year's race, and I'm basically happy with the results. I'll get right to them:

This Sprint Duathlon course consisted of a 2 mile run 1, a 20k bike, and a 5k run 2. A decent section of of the run course was a park access road. Think dirt, grass, and ruts. There were severe storms the previous day, leaving that section with standing water and mud. Lovely! Even with that I pulled off faster runs than last year, only losing a little time on the bike. I'd like to attribute that to the headwinds we had this year, but it's most likely due to my lack of time on the bike training. My finish time was 1:16:58. That was good enough for 2nd in my age group and 9th overall in the duathlon. My first run was nearly a minute faster than what I did last year. And that's on a 2 mile course. The bike leg was about 30 seconds slower and run 2 was about 30 seconds faster.

This is about the most spirited event on my schedule. The Ohio State University Triathlon Club hosts a college tri-club division and the teams are getting bigger and louder. Very entertaining. Gotta' have more cowbell out on the course!

Congrats to Mrs. P who did very well in her duathlon debut that weekend. She's jumped from 5k's directly into multi-sport. And took 2nd place in her age group in the process.

Look for more updates soon.

Mr. P

No comments: