Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cold and Dark Run, #2

Last night I went for a run after work and after taking the dog for a short walk. I get out of work at 5:00, so by the time I get home this time of year, it's very close to being dark. It's so dark, I've been walking Porter with a headlamp so I can have light to pick up his poop by. Once I was ready to run, it was really, really dark. Except for the Christmas lights. I ran with a headlamp, but never needed to turn it on. Everyone's Christmas lights gave me enough light to see by. It was still cold, though. Running pants and facemask cold. Even with the warm days we've been blessed with this fall/winter, (It's December. That's winter enough for me.) we've still had our share of cold nights. Anyway, I was dressed properly and the run was quite pleasant. I had a relatively uneventful 4.5 miles, except for the barking dog. As I rounded a corner and was heading down a cul-de-sac one street over, I startled a dog across the street who was apparently in the middle of doing his business. He didn't appreciate being startled and let me know it. As he was barking and crossing the street his owner yelled, "He doesn't bite!" I've actually heard that before, and been nipped, so I stopped and held out my mittened hand. That dog didn't want to make nicey-nice with me, just bark and get ALL the other dogs on the street barking. It was actually quite humorous.

No comments: